Chichén Itzá, founded in the year 514 AD, was the capital of the ancient Mayan civilization and was recently declared one of the 7 Modern Wonders of the World. This is a must see for any visit to Cancun!
Our excursion begins by picking up all passengers between 9:00-10:00am from the lobbies of all major Cancun hotels. Click here for a complete hotel pickup list. Please be ready in your hotel lobby for the full pickup time range provided by our representative when you call to confirm your tour using the 1-800 phone number on your voucher at least 48 hours in advance.
We will arrive at the Mayaland Hotel to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch with fresh salads, soups, rice, meat, chicken, fish, vegetables and regional dishes (Includes two drinks: beer, soft drinks or bottled water). Then head directly to visit the archaeological site. We will skip the line by heading through our private Mayaland Hotel entrance and will provide all passengers with a cold bottle of water to stay hydrated during the tour.
You will be taken on a 1.5 hour tour with a certified guide who will introduce you to the secrets of the Mayans. Your guide will explain the historical significance of all the most important sites before leaving you to enjoy the ruins on your own.
Move at your own pace... see El Castillo, take pictures, or take a little time out to relax at the Mayaland Resort Pool before returning to the ruins at your leisure through our private entrance. We welcome you to enjoy full use of our resort facilities: pool, restrooms, lounge chairs, gardens and more.
We will regroup and head to see the Light and Sound Show beginning at 8:00pm in spring/summer and at 7:00pm in autumn/winter where you can listen** and watch as a projected light show brings the archaeological elements of the buildings to life!
Watch as a serpent descends down to the ground (equinox show), Mayan warriors play the ball game, and all the sounds of life and death blaze through the ancient city. This might be your most exciting history lesson yet!
After the show you will enjoy a boxed snack including fruit, bottled water, a sandwich and a sweet roll.
On the way back, soft drinks and bottled water are included onboard.
- The Majestic Observatory
- The Sacred Cenote - Where sacrifices once took place
- The Ball Court - The largest and deadliest Ball Game in Mesoamerica. The arena is 168 meters in length and 70 meters in width with perfect acoustics.
- The Pyramid of Kukulcan - Where both theology and astronomy combine to produce a unique spectacle twice a year, the Spring Equinox and the Autumn Solstice. On these days, the shadows projected over the architectural elements of the building resemble a serpent descending into the ground. Located inside the pyramid is the famous Chac Mool sculpture and the Jaguar Throne.
- Roundtrip Transportation
- Bilingual Certified INAH Guide & 1.5 Hour Ruins Tour
- Buffet Lunch at the Mayaland Hotel, including two drinks: beer, soft drinks or bottled water
- Use of All Mayaland Amenities: Pool, Restrooms, Lounge Chairs, Gardens and more
- Box Lunch after the show
- Soft drinks and Bottled Water Onboard the Vehicle
- Visit to an Underwater Grotto
- Optional Translator Device for Evening Light and Sound Show Can Be Rented At Entrance
- Optional Gratuities
- Entrance Fee to the Chichen Itza Archaeological Site
- Meals/Snacks Before Dinner
OPTIONAL ADD-ONS:1 - Horseback Riding: $45 Each
This tour departs from the lobby of the Mayaland hotel. Come uncover the mysteries hiding in the jungles of Chichén Itzá. This area was the formerly camping area of the American Archaeologist Edward Herbert Thompson who dredged the Sacred Cenote of Chichén Itzá from 1904 to 1910.
This Tropical Forest area is called The Thompson Rehollada (sinkhole), an interesting place where ancient Mayan water collectors can be seen as you explore the sinkhole. Your guide will be sure to point out native birds and animals as you travel through the jungle. Remember – because you will be in the middle of the jungle, bring long pants and bug repellent for this side trip.
NOTES & RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Tour Itinerary Subject to Change Without Notice!
- Light & Sound Show translators are not included, but can be rented at the entrance.
- Because we own the Mayaland Hotel, youre free to relax and explore at your leisure. Use our private entrance to travel freely between the archaeological zone and the resort as many times as youd like!
- Available Wednesdays ONLY with roundtrip transportation from all Cancun Hotel Zone hotels, Moon Palace and Sun Palace. (Return Dropoff Service Not Available for Courtyard by Marriott or Secrets Excellence Playa Mujeres.)
For hotels in the Mayan Riviera & Playa del Carmen, please click here to be directed to the Mayan Riviera/Playa del Carmen page for a slightly different itinerary.)
- Visit one of the 7 Modern Wonders of the World!
- Enjoy the Chichén Itzá Light & Sound Show
- Take a Deeper Look into the Culture of the Mayan Civilization
- Relax at the beautiful Mayaland Hotel Pool and Return to the Ruins Through Our Private Entrance
- Includes Roundtrip Transportation, Guided Tour, Entrance Fee and a Meal
- Underwater Grotto Visit
Duration: 13 HOURS
|Dates Available||Tour Time||Days Available||Ticket Price||BOOK ONLINE|
|Jan 01 -
|9:00 AM||---W---||ADD - 1 HOUR HORSEBACK RIDING - EACH
ADULT (USD $76.50)
CHILD (5-12) (USD $41.50)
PHONES: +52 (998) 887-9162